For residents to gain vehicular access to their property, the resident must follow the instructions below:
- The property owners must provide their ID and proof of ownership. The proof of ownership may be a Bonita Spring Utilities Statement, A Florida Power and Light Statement, or a Lee County Property Appraiser TRIM Notice.
- If an owner would like an authorizing agent, such as a contractor or family member to access the property for them, they will need to have an affidavit signed. The Affidavit Authorizing Agent form will be provided by the City or can be accessed at Affidavit Authorizing Agent form. The property owner must have the form signed and notarized. The designee will need to provide their ID and owner’s proof of ownership in the form of a Bonita Spring Utilities Statement, a Florida Power and Light Statement, or a Lee County Property Appraiser TRIM Notice with the property owner’s name on it.
- Once the necessary documents have been obtained, the property owner or their designee must come to the Bonita Spring Parks and Recreation Center located at 26740 Pine Ave, Bonita Springs, FL 34135 to receive a pass to gain access to Hickory Blvd.
- Residents will be able to apply for a pass starting at 1:00 pm on October 7th, 2022.
- Bonita Springs Parks and Recreations center will also be open for Bonita Beach residents on Saturday, October 8th, 2022, and Sunday, October 9th, 2022 from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Once residents are given vehicular access to the affected areas, they will be advised to use extreme caution driving on Hickory Blvd, as there are areas along the roadway that have been destroyed. The City will not be liable for any damage to vehicles due to the condition of the road and right of way. All vehicles must be parked in the appropriate driveway. Vehicles cannot block any portion of Hickory Boulevard. Residents are advised that vehicles are likely to get stuck in the sand if parked anywhere but on the driveway and the City cannot guarantee that a tow truck will be permitted immediate access under the circumstances.