Casa Bonita I Condominium Rules and Regulations
1. Common Property – Walkways, Trash Chute Rooms and Stairways must be kept clear at all times. Anything left in these areas or on the railings will be placed in the dumpster (Bonita Springs Fire Code).
2. Pool and Deck Areas – See posted rules by pool. The deep end rope should be in place before you leave the pool. Deck furniture should not be used on the sand. No chairs or sunbathing are allowed in front of Units 101, 102, 106 and 107.
3. Parking – Each unit has an assigned parking space. Do not park in another unit’s assigned spot. Additional parking is available to the north of our building. These spaces are marked CBI and located in front of Casa Bonita Grande.
4. Garbage/Recycling – Enclose all garbage in a tied garbage bags before disposing to the north and south garbage chutes. The first floor units should use the dumpsters in the back of the elevator towers. Please recycle clean glass, metal, plastic and paper. Plastic store or garbage bags are not allowed in the recycle containers.
5. Garbage Disposal – Do not put grease, bones, corn cobs, celery stalks, citrus peels, seafood shells or fibrous material in the garbage disposal. Do not wash the sand from seashells in sink.
6. Dishwasher and Washer – Do not use powdered soap, only liquid or gel. Our water is very soft and requires only 50% of the soap usage. Do not run appliances when no one is in the unit.
7. Beach Usage – When leaving the beach, wash the sand from bathing suits, feet, walking shoes and beach footwear. All beach chairs, bicycles and strollers must have the sand washed off the equipment. Shower/foot wash stations are located at the north and south beach stairs.
8. Community Room and Elevators –Sandals are required. No dripping wet clothing or sand covered sandals/shoes are allowed in either area. Please do not sit on furniture with wet or damp clothing. If you drip, please wipe it up; especially in the elevator.
9. Owners Leasing/Renting their Unit - All rentals must be for a minimum of 30 days. Owners must obtain and file a Lease Application form for each rental/lease, with our Property Manager. To obtain a Lease Application Form contact our Property Manager or visit our website: casabonitaone.com. If a renter has an issue with plumbing, electrical or other problems inside the unit they should contact the Rental Agent or Owner.
10. Shopping Carts and Luggage Valets – There are shopping carts and luggage valets under both the north and south stairwells. They should be returned to the same location after use.
11. Smoking – The Casa Bonita One Association wishes to conform to the Florida Clean Indoor Air Act. For the safety and welfare of Unit Owners, lessees, guests, visitors and contractors, only the following areas are designated as allowed for smoking or vaping.
A. Within the walls of the unit. “Within the walls” is defined as having all openings to the outside closed. (all windows and doors to the outside must be closed)
B. Inside a closed vehicle on the Common Element parking lots.
C. On the Common Element tables near the shuffle board courts.
Secondary smoke is very harmful and is to be avoided to the same extent as primary smoking. In order to assure the safety and welfare of owners, lessees, guests, visitors and contractors smoking or vaping are expressly prohibited in the following areas: Lobby areas and elevators, the pool area, grill area, patio areas, individual unit lanais (Limited Common Element) unless enclosed in glass and closed, walkways on each floor, and anywhere on the grounds not specifically designated as smoking areas.
12. Main Water Valve and water heater breaker should be turned off if the unit is vacant over night or longer. When the water is turned off, remember to turn off the refrigerator icemaker too. The guest bath tub water faucet should be opened to avoid water damage.
13. Building Entrance Doors and Gates – Keep all doors and gates closed for security reasons.
14. Do Not Walk Through The Sea Oats – The sea oats are located between the beach and the building. This ground cover holds the sand in place during a wind storm. Florida law does not allow people to disturb this sensitive area. Use the openings at the north and south ends of the building to access the beach.
Towels do not reserve deck furniture; bodies do.
Do not feed birds either on the decks or beach.
Children are not permitted to loiter or play on balconies, stairways or elevators.
Children are not permitted in The Club Room without a parent/adult
16. Turtle Season - Turtles nest on Bonita Beach from 01 May to 01 November each year. During this time, lights that are seen from the beach can affect turtles making a nest but especially hatchlings trying to find the water. Casa Bonita I turns off all outside lights that may disturb the turtles. Each unit must keep their blinds closed, at night, so inside lights cannot be seen on the beach. The Association, or unit owners, may be fined by Lee County if they don’t comply with turtle rules.
17. Second Floor Deck – The deck may be used by all residents, guests and renters until 10:00 PM. Please leave the deck area clean and the table and chairs back where they were found.
18. Using the grill – A grill is provided, at the north side of the building, for the use of all residents, guests and renters. During windy periods it is very difficult to light the grill using the grill igniter. A match or propane hand flame can be inserted through a hole in the front bottom casting to start the fire. When the food is finished the grill should be heated to 550 F and the cooking grate should be cleaned with a wire brush. This will leave the grill ready for the next person. Grilling instructions are posted by the grill.
19. A/C Drain Line Maintenance – The A/C drain lines become plugged with algae and it is recommended that a ½ cup of bleach be added to the drain line and 30 minutes late a cup of water should be used to flush out the line. This should be done every 6 months.
20. No Pets – Pets are prohibited at Casa Bonita I.
21. Recycling – Metal cans, plastic containers, glass, newspapers and broken down cardboard boxes should be placed in a container. No plastic bags are allowed so dump the recyclables out and place the plastic bags with the garbage. The recycle containers are near both the north and south entrances enclosed by a white fence.